Are you someone who has always wondered about writing a script, but not been sure where to start? Maybe you’re already writing, or have written, fiction, but the world of screenwriting feels different, less easy to dive into? Or perhaps you’ve had a go at writing a script, but it was a while ago and you’d like to get back into it?
Let me reassure you – scriptwriting isn’t any harder than any other type of writing. I actually find it easier! But we all need help getting started, so this short programme is designed to make it as easy AND FUN as possible.
The Six Steps to a Short Script programme is a series of simple exercises that will give you a brief but clear introduction to the world of scriptwriting, and by the end of it you’ll have a completed short film. So much of writing is about striving to reach that end point – with this short course you can achieve a completed project in just a few weeks. Yes, it will be short, but yes, it will be finished! You’ll be holding your printed script in your hand.
This live round will give you the opportunity to join a group of fellow writers over the course of three weeks, by the end of which you’ll have your finished short script. There’ll be all the usual course elements but lots of extras, including a private group in which to share ideas and ask questions, Q&A sessions with me and plenty of ongoing support, additional exercises and writing guidance. And prizes!
* You’ll quickly master the art of script writing and everything that involves.
* You’ll finally get out of your own way and channel your creative aspirations into something tangible.
* You’ll build the confidence to share your story with the outside world, safe in the knowledge that it is GOOD.
* You can really call yourself a writer who WRITES.
* And you’ll be one step closer to getting your story on screen and make money from doing something you love.
I will admit to being more than a little nervous about starting this expedition into the world of script-writing. I thought that’s what it would be, a hardcore expedition with a need for literary leki poles. It wasn’t. It was a three week street party of words, coming to life in a way that I had never dreamed possible. I will also admit to being a wannabe script writer. I believed that it was out of my league, that it was a magic art I would never understand. It’s not. I can do this. You can do this. I’ve done it! I have a script. This course is easy to follow, it is explained in a way that a complete novice (me!) understands and it is an enormous amount of fun. There’s no denying that Abbie is an expert in the field and a phenomenal guide into the magic of scriptwriting. I can’t recommend this highly enough for anyone who has a passion for words.Marie Yates
– Creating strong characters and setting the scene
– Structuring a dynamic story
– Thinking visually and using the tools of screenwriting
– Support along the way and all your questions answered
This is a guided course, with specific suggestions for jumping off points for your story.
There is plenty of scope for more experienced writers to develop their own ideas within this framework,
but it is primarily aimed at those who are new to scriptwriting.